The Meat Lover's Meatless Celebrations
Credit: Clare Barboza
Two years since the publication of her bestselling Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook, Kim O'Donnel serves up a brand new collection of lip-smacking vegetarian recipes. In Meat Lover's Meatless Celebrations, Kim shifts gears from everyday fare (a la Meatless Monday) to holidays, festive occasions, cooking for a crowd and whenever you want to feast without the "roast beast." In addition to 16 menus that span all four seasons and occasions (Thanksgiving, Mardi Gras, Mother's Day and Fourth of July, to name just a few), Meat Lover's Meatless Celebrations offers a slew of ideas for the many important moments in our personal date books, from anniversary dinners to family reunions.
Sample Menu: Election Night
My hope is that no matter who lives in the White House, we continue to look outside the (pizza) box for sustenance and inspiration (and celebrations!). These suggested eat-while-you-view options can all be made in advance, so you don't have to miss a nail-biting moment.
- Spiced Nuts, Indian Style (pg. 33)
- Lentil "Meatballs" Served with Toothpicks, Swedish Style, with Marinara Sauce for Dipping (pg. 92)
- Stromboli (pg. 83)
- Tropical Fruit Plate with Chile-Lime Salt (pg. 113)
- Apple-Rosemary-Walnut Pie with Enlightened Pie Dough (pg. 55)
- Chocolate-Chile Pudding (pg. 174)